"Don't think or judge, just listen."

Aug 7, 2010

Cookie Fail

Beauty of the Day 8/6/10:

This was my attempt at making cookies. This is more like my FAIL of the day, but let's look at it in a beautiful way: I learned exactly how not to make cookies. How do we learn without mistakes, right?
I wanted to make these cookies all by myself and was determined on doing so. The recipe called for 2 1/4 cups of flour. I took that as two 1/4 cups of flour...makes me look pretty stupid doesn't it. I wondered why it didn't just say a half a cup, but did it anyway. When seeing that the dough was a lot less thick than it should have been, my mom asked me if I put the full two and a fourth cups of flour in. I just burst out laughing. I ran over to the oven, and beheld my wonderful creation.
That reminded me of a time i tried to make brownies for my friends that were coming over. It called for 1/4 a cup of water. But no...i put in four cups of water. When the batter was basically liquid I realized my mistake and added enough flour to make it thick. I didn't realize however, that that would over power the chocolatey taste. You can all assume that those brownies weren't the best around.
So, what I learned from all of this, I suck at cooking. Its not just not one of my strengths, it is my weakness. Someday, I'm going to take cooking classes and be the best chef there is :) maybe...