"Don't think or judge, just listen."

May 31, 2010

Photobucket


So the choir department at my high school did a Broadway Revue, and i decided to audition for it. I was all ready to try out with I Know the Truth, from Aida. But then i started to think how amazing it'd be to sing There Are Worse Things I Could Do, from Grease. That thought was just on a whim, I never thought I really would end up doing it. But whattya know, I auditioned for it and got in. The show was just a compilation of some Broadway songs with group numbers and a coupld individual numbers. I was lucky to be one of them. I was so happy I got to do the number, I had a lot of fun singing it and being able to get in the head of "Rizzo." It was a challenge, and I am so thankful I got to do it.

When I was standing backstage waiting to go on the last performance night, I was feeling a little nervous and of course excited. And I started to think, that I never wanted to let go of the feeling I got when I performed. I knew right then and there that I wanted to do this for the rest of my life. Broadway, is the biggest dream in my heart. There isn't a better feeling than singing my heart out. I hope I never lose my love for it.